Does CTA-PAKISTAN provide a route for its members to become members of other bodies?

CTA-PAKISTAN has formed mutual recognition agreements with several prestigious global accountancy bodies. This means CTA-PAKISTAN members can become members of other bodies and enjoy the benefits they offer. The detail of the MRAs and MOUs would be updated on the website from time to time.

Do you provide any other routes to CTA-PAKISTAN membership?

Yes, we provide a direct route to membership for members of other recognized professional bodies I have been removed from the register, why? This can be for one of the following reasons: Members who do not pay their subscriptions in full each year will be removed from the CTA-PAKISTAN register and will lose their right to use the CTA-PAKISTAN letters after their name. Members who do not comply with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements will be removed from the CTA-PAKISTAN register and will lose their right to use the CTA-PAKISTAN letters after their name. . An individual may also be removed on disciplinary grounds or due to bankruptcy. Members or affiliates who were removed from the register for non-payment of subscription fees You must pay the current year’s subscription, the reinstatement fee, any unpaid sums owed at the time of removal and all outstanding years’ subscriptions. Those members with outstanding annual continuing professional development (CPD) declarations must also complete the declaration. Members who were removed from the register for non-compliance of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) obligations You must submit a CPD declaration and provide any outstanding CPD evidence. You will also have to complete the reinstatement form and pay the reinstatement fee. Members or affiliates who have previously resigned from the CTA-PAKISTAN register You will be required to pay any unpaid sums at the time of resignation and the current year’s subscription and reinstatement fee but you will not be required to pay subscription fees for the period during which you were off the register. Those members with an outstanding annual CPD declaration must also complete the declaration form. Individuals who were removed from the register on disciplinary grounds or due to bankruptcy In addition to completing the reinstatement form and paying all fees due, you will need to supply character references. You may be subject to the preparation of a report by a CTA-PAKISTAN-approved practitioner on your conduct in the period since your exclusion, for which an additional fee may be payable. Applicants may also be required to pass further examinations and/or tests and be subject to further conditions for reinstatement. Advice on these procedures will be given on receipt of this form.

I am a CTA-PAKISTAN member having difficulty paying my fees. Can CTA-PAKISTAN help?

Some members can apply to pay a reduced subscription or they can pay the fee in installments. Please feel free to contact the office.

Why do I need to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) and is this mandatory?

Members are required to undertake relevant CPD to ensure that they maintain and develop the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s dynamic and demanding business environment. All CTA-PAKISTAN members who are active in the workplace are required to complete CPD on an annual basis. Members on the retired register are exempt from CPD. If personal circumstances mean you cannot participate in CPD, then you may be eligible for a CPD waiver.

What are CTA-PAKISTAN’s requirements for completing continuing professional development (CPD)?

Members can choose one of the following routes when meeting their CPD requirement: unit route – part-time or semi-retired CTA-PAKISTAN Approved Employer route other International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) member-body route. The unit route is for members who plan and organize their own CPD. If you follow the unit route, you are required to complete 40 units of CPD each year, where one unit is equal to one hour of development. Twenty-one units must be verifiable; the other 19 can be non-verifiable. If you work for an organization that is a CTA-PAKISTAN Approved Employer – professional development, you may achieve your CPD by participating in your organization’s employee development program; you are not required to follow the unit route. If you have worked for a CTA-PAKISTAN Approved Employer – professional development for all or any part of a CPD year, you can indicate that you have taken the employer route when you make your annual CPD declaration. If you are also a member of another professional accountancy body, then you can choose to follow your other body’s CPD program instead of ours.

How do I notify CTA-PAKISTAN that I have completed the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements?

All members are required to submit an annual CPD declaration each year, no matter what CPD route is followed. You can submit your annual CPD declaration online at any point in the year.

I forgot to submit my declaration by 1 January, what should I do?

Send it to CTA-PAKISTAN as soon as possible.

I have been awarded a continuing professional development (CPD) waiver. Do I need to make a declaration?

Yes. If you were awarded a full CPD waiver, you can make your CPD declaration straight away indicating this. You will still need to meet the non-verifiable requirement ie reading activity and keep evidence of this and evidence to support your waiver. If you were awarded a partial waiver, you will need to meet your remaining CPD obligations and submit an annual CPD declaration, selecting Option A – unit route. Remember to keep evidence of your CPD and evidence to support your waiver.

I am unemployed; do I still need to comply with the continuing professional development (CPD) requirement?

We recognize that sometimes members will not be able to fulfill their CPD requirements. Members may have a long-term or serious illness, be caring for a family member, be on maternity or paternity leave, be unemployed, or taking a career break. You can apply for a waiver for the period when you are not active in the workplace. A minimum of one month’s absence from work is required in order to be eligible. Waivers will be granted pro-rata to the period of absence from work. You can apply for a waiver in one of the following ways: an online self-declaration via my CTA-PAKISTAN page as found in the ‘Related links’ section of this page filling in a CPD waiver form and sending it to us in writing. You can download this form from the ‘Related documents’ section of this page. In all cases, you should retain documentary evidence related to the waiver application for a period of three years. You will still have to complete your annual CPD declaration. Please refer to the ‘CPD waiver guidance notes’ (please see the ‘Related documents’ section of this page) for further details.

I can’t afford to attend courses in order to meet the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements. What else can I do?

There are many other forms of professional development that are acceptable to CTA-PAKISTAN. For instance, work-based learning, coaching, mentoring, e-learning, networking, discussion groups, reading, and undertaking research are just some of them. We also have a comprehensive range of services and tools to support you in planning, sourcing, and achieving your CPD.

I no longer work in accounting or finance; will I still have to do continuing professional development (CPD)?

All members, regardless of their role, are required to meet the CPD requirement. However, we ask members to undertake CPD relevant to their current roles. For example, if you work in IT, we will recognize your CPD activities that are focused on IT.

I am currently studying and don’t have time for CPD – what should I do?

Studying for an additional qualification is an acceptable CPD activity. Members undertaking such a study may even have exceeded the CPD requirement. Send in your annual CPD declaration as soon as possible and keep evidence of your studies in case we require it.

Scroll to Top